- It's a moisturiser that is rich in snail secretion filtrate. It's basically the slime that the snail produces to rapidly repair any damage to its organ, including its skin. A good visual will be when a snail has a crack in its shell, it produces this slime to rapidly repair its cracked shell! And yes, it's a very irksome concept because we are dealing with slime here, but well there's always groundbreaking discoveries in the skincare industry, no? At least, this is natural!
- Definitely not. The slime is extracted from live snails without any harm done to the snails themselves.
- Well, I'm not a scientist so I can't really answer this question myself. However, after a quick google, the slime is actually immediately homogenized and stabilised to make it suitable for usage on human skin. Something about avoiding hydrolysis os its enzymes and proteins. I'm really bad at chemistry so pardon my jarring ignorance and refusal to learn properly haha.
- Allantoin - healing, moisturizing and soothing benefits; this made it possible to use even on sensitive skin.
- Collagen - every woman's best friend, FIRM THOSE CELLS TIGHT.
- Elastin - protein that helps to keep skin flexible but tight; helps with the "bounce-back skin" concept, which in long term helps with wrinkles and fine lines.
- Glycolic Acid - exfoliating agent for smoother skin by removing dead skin cells.
- Relieve trouble marks
- Improve fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighten pores
- Make skin smoother
- Improve resilience of the skin (bounce-back effect)
- Recover the strength of the skin (something like immune system)
My free product was the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream, and the seller included 2 sachets of the All In One Snail Repair Cream in the packaging. Very nice of the seller! :)
I realised whenever you buy beauty or skincare product from Korean sellers, they will not fail to include free samples. AMAZING SERVICE.
The Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream is a multi-purpose product:
- can be used together with the Repair Cream to accelerate the regeneration of skin cells, or
- can be used alone as a sleeping mask.
This product has 74% of snail secretion filtrate, while the Repair Cream has 92%!
|Came sealed, so I was assured that it was authentic.|
- No sticky feeling
- Absorbed very very very quickly
- Skin feels smooth and somewhat matte
- Fragrance-free (major plus point because it's snail slime and people expect it to be smelly and all)
- Dabbing actually help to make the product get absorbed faster
|Came nicely packaged...|
|Came with a cover, so that's very good too! No more sticky mess on the cover (unless you are really terrible at being tidy and clean).|
The cream itself feels more thick than the Gel Cream. It's also definitely more opaque visually.
- Absorbed into the skin crazily quick. WOAH.
- Not sticky AT ALL even though it was thicker in formulation.
- Fragrance-free (WOOHOO)
- I think this is also water-based and oil-free
- The amazing thing is when I applied it for the first time, I had a raw pimple scar (Ya, I burst a fully ripe one, itchy fingers I KNOW I KNOW), so it was red and ugly and urgh. The next morning, my skin was very evidently less red, and not so oily. It's crazy! What is this miraculous cream!?!
- No tingly sensation/itchy feeling after you apply it.
- Until now, I have no unexpected skin reactions towards the cream, so yay!
UPDATE on September 2012 (above post was written on 22nd June 2012):
I have stopped using this product because it gave me crazy breakouts. The reason why I'm getting help medically for my troubled skin now was partly because of this product. Hence, if you are someone who has oily skin, please refrain from using this product!
However, I gave the product to my mom and it seemed to be working wonders on her. Her skin type is dry-normal and she even noticed firming effects after 2 months of using it!
So, my verdict is, only use it if you have dry-normal skin type!